What is a composite door?
View our wide range of composite doors supplied and installed in Dublin. A composite door is an exterior door made from a multitude of materials, instead of a singular material such as wood or upvc, which have been chosen specifically for their beneficial properties.
There are three main types of door used in homes today. To answer the question in full, it is important to review each type of door.
How do I care for my composite door?
Caring for your composite door is simple. To get the best from your composite door, it is important to oil the hinges and relevant hardware on a yearly basis. Apart from that, the only maintenance required is to wipe the surface of the composite door when it needs cleaning.
Composite doors are made from the following components:
- Dedicated 70mm PVCu outer frame with galvanised steel reinforcement
- Composite PVC subframe for superior stability.
- Hardwood inner frame reinforcing for torsional rigidity.Injected thermally insulating polyurthane foam core (100% CFC free).
- 2mm PVC edge banding with ash grain effect embossing routed to match lock face plate & hinge.
- 2mm GRP grained surface with through colour to ensure the door skin will NOT warp, twist, bow or crack and never need painting.
- The GRP skin also has a high resistance against denting.Part ‘M’ compliant low threshold for wheel chair access.
- Available in gold, silver or black and comes with twin weather seals & tested to BS6375.Cill options from 150mm, 85mm or no cill